Baylor Bears Basketball Odds
Baylor Bears Basketball Odds
In 2021, the Baylor Bears men’s NCAA basketball team did the unlikely and won the National Championship. Bettors who picked the Bears with a futures bet that year were undoubtedly delighted when those nets were cut down.
You too can bet on the Baylor Bears men’s basketball team, or any other college team, when Texas online sportsbooks go live. When that happens, you can make an account bet from anywhere within the state.
Below, we break down how to bet on the Baylor men’s basketball team here in Texas, including live Baylor Bears odds and more.
This week’s Baylor Bears point spread odds
See below for current Baylor basketball odds available at legal online sportsbooks. Click any odds to visit that sportsbook directly, sign up for an account, claim your sportsbook welcome bonus and start betting.
Baylor Bears March Madness odds
See the latest NCAA Championship odds for Baylor below. If you see odds you like, click them to visit the corresponding sportsbook.
How to bet on Baylor basketball games in TX
With basketball—both NBA and NCAA—ranking as a popular sport to bet on at online sportsbooks, oddsmakers focus heavily on setting the lines for every D1 game.
Here’s a look at four of the most popular bet types for NCAA basketball, which you’ll find at every legal and regulated online Texas sportsbook. Once legal in state, this should include such top books as DraftKings TX, Fanduel, BetMGM Texas, and Caesars TX sportsbook.
Baylor basketball moneyline
This is the easiest of the bet types to understand and the easiest for newcomers to research. The moneyline makes for a great starting point for any beginning sports bettor.
You have two teams and you pick which team you think will win the game. Pick right, and you get paid based on the odds when you finalized your bet.
Negative odds, such as -145, show you how much you need to bet in order to win $100 in profits. Those negative numbers also indicate which side of the bet is the favorite. Positive odds, like +160, show you how much you stand to win for every $100 bet. The positive numbers also indicate which side is the underdog in the bet.
Baylor basketball point spread
The point spread creates value in games where there might not be much in the form of a moneyline. It allows oddsmakers to create a prediction for the favorite’s margin of victory.
As the bettor, you need to focus your research on if the favorite can indeed win by that much (or more) or if the underdog will keep it closer. If the NCAAB spread is set at 3.5 points, the favorite has to win the game by four points or more in order for bets on them to win.
The underdog in that scenario needs to just keep the game within three points until the final buzzer in order for bets on them to win.
In most cases, both sides of this bet will carry the same odds: usually -110.
Baylor basketball over/under
This bet type doesn’t ask you to pick which team you think will win the game. Instead, oddsmakers predict the combined total scores for the game.
Let’s say that the predicted total is 141.5 points. You need to choose the over or the under when placing your bet. Both sides are almost always going to carry the same odds, typically -110.
If you go with the over, you need the two teams to combine for more than 142 points, so something along the lines of 78-70 for a final score. For those who bet the under, you need something below 141 points, like 70-63.
Baylor Bears prop bets
Prop bets are “side bets” you make with the sportsbook. These bets are focused on the performances of players and teams in specific situations.
These types of bets are often tough to research, which can make having total faith in props fairly difficult. That doesn’t mean you should avoid them completely, but we suggest you keep them as a minor part of your overall betting strategy.
The bigger the game or event, the more likely you’ll see a wider variety of prop bets. The same goes for the popularity of the teams playing, as they will tend to draw in more bets from Texas sports bettors.
Baylor Bears basketball coaching staff
A good basketball program needs to have good coaches, and the Baylor Bears have a pretty complete bench that is focused on leading the program back to March Madness glory.
- Head coach: Scott Drew
- Associate head coach: Alvin Brooks III
- Associate head coach: John Jakus
- Assistant coach: Jared Nuness
Here is a list of the Baylor Bears’ head coaches over the years:
- Scott Drew (2003-present)
- Dave Bliss (1999-2003)
- Harry Miller (1994-1999)
- Darrel Johnson (1992-1994)
- Gene Iba (1985-1992)
- Jim Haller (1977-1985)
- Carroll Dawson (1973-1977)
- Bill Menefee (1961-1973)
- Bill Henderson (1941-1943, 1945-1961)
- Van Sweet (1943-1945)
- Ralph Wolf (1926-1941)
- Frank Bridges (1920-1926)
- P. Mosley (1914-1920)
- Norman Paine (1913-1914)
- Ralph Glaze (1910-1913)
- Enoch Mills (1908-1910)
- Luther Burleson (1906-1908)
Where do the Bears play their home games?
The Baylor Bears call the Paul J. Meyer Arena at the Ferrell Center home. Below, we have details about the arena.
Paul J. Meyer Arena at the Ferrell Center
- Address: 1900 South University Parks Drive, Waco, TX 76706
- Owner: Baylor University
- Operator: Baylor University Athletics
- Capacity: 10,284
- Opened: Sept. 22, 1988
- Construction cost: $12.5 million ($28.6 million in 2021 dollars)
- Former names: Baylor Events Center (planning)
How to watch and listen to Baylor Bears basketball games
- ESPN 2
- Sling TV
- Hulu Live TV
- DirecTV Stream
- KRZI 1660 AM (Waco)
- KHLE 106.9 FM (Killeen)
- Sirius XM
A brief history of Baylor Bears basketball
The Baylor Bears first started playing basketball in 1907, making them one of the oldest college basketball programs in the entire state of Texas. Below, we look at some of the most important milestones in the history of the Bears basketball team, starting from their early years as an upstart program to winning a national title more than 100 years later.
- 2022: The Bears are crowned the Big 12 regular-season champions for the second-straight year.
- 2021: Baylor cuts down the nets at the NCAA Tournament to claim the first-ever National Championship in the history of the university.
- 2021: The men’s basketball team at Baylor earns its first-ever Big 12 regular-season title.
- 2017: A Sweet Sixteen appearance by the Bears shows their progress isn’t just a fluke over the past few seasons.
- 2014: Baylor makes it to the Sweet Sixteen for the third time in five years.
- 2013: Though they missed a berth into the NCAA Tournament, the Bears are invited to the NIT and go on to win the championship.
- 2012: The Bears basketball team makes a trip to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen.
- 2010: For the first time in school history, the Bears make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
- 2008: After a 20-year hiatus, Baylor makes a return to the NCAA tourney.
- 1988: For the first time since 1950, the Bears are in the NCAA Tournament.
- 1950: The Bears make another run in the NCAA tourney, making it to the Final Four.
- 1950: For the third year in a row, Baylor is crowned the Southwest Conference regular-season champions.
- 1949: The Bears earn the regular-season title in the Southwest Conference.
- 1948: After a great run in the NCAA Tournament, the Bears finish in second place in the national championship, falling to the Kentucky Wildcats.
- 1948: Baylor is the Southwest Conference champion.
- 1946: Baylor makes their first appearance in the NCAA tournament.
- 1946: For just the second time in school history, the Bears earn the Southwest Conference championship.
- 1932: Baylor wins the Southwest Conference title.
- 1907: The Baylor Bears put their first men’s basketball team on the court.