NHL Moneyline Odds
NHL Moneyline Odds
Texas isn’t exactly a hockey hotbed. But when legal sports betting arrives, there will be a sizable run on NHL betting odds. The speed and simplicity of hockey make it easy to bet on, and NHL moneylines are the easiest path into all the action.
Below, check the latest NHL moneyline odds plus a little guidance on how to bet the moneyline in hockey.
Latest NHL moneyline odds
Below, find all the latest NHL moneyline odds, including regular-season and Stanley Cup Playoffs moneyline odds. You can break them down by game and click on any odds to go to the Texas online sportsbook, sign up for an account and get your bonus.
Best Texas sportsbooks for NHL moneyline bets
Once Texas legalizes sports betting, you’ll be able to bet on the NHL at every legal and regulated sportsbook in Texas. In our view, these are the best sportsbooks in Texas for NHL moneyline betting, and the wide range of sports betting promotions they offer:
- DraftKings Sportsbook posts moneylines for every NHL game and gives you the option to bet a constantly updated moneyline live during games.
- It also runs various NHL-themed promos during the regular season, All-Star Weekend, the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Stanley Cup Finals.
- For example, DraftKings Sportsbook ran an NHL Playoffs Bonus SGP promo during the 2021-22 Stanley Cup Playoffs, offering bonus bet refunds up to $10 on losing playoff same game parlays.
- DK has also been known to offer a 100-1 odds boost on $1 NHL moneyline bets as long as the team you bet on scores.
- As an official sports betting partner of the NHL, DraftKings has its NHL lines integrated into the league’s media platforms, like com. DraftKings is also the exclusive sportsbook provider for Bleacher Report‘s coverage of the NHL.
- FanDuel Sportsbook has been an official sports betting partner of the NHL since 2018. It remains as good a place as any to bet NHL moneylines.
- Access to official NHL data, including advanced real-time data, ensures FD’s pre-game and live moneylines are competitive, up-to-date, and all bets are settled fairly.
- FanDuel Sportsbook has also hosted live streaming NHL games on its platform since 2020. It streams up to two games every night throughout the regular season for clients who bet on the NHL.
- FanDuel also runs free-to-play NHL contests and promotions. In the past, its NHL Parlay Insurance offered bonus bet refunds of up to $25 to those falling a leg short of winning an NHL parlay with four legs or more.
- FanDuel gave $20 in bonus bets to anyone betting at least $50 in parlays during the 2021-22 Stanley Cup Playoffs, win or lose.
- BetRivers Sportsbook has no official NHL data deal, but its hockey moneylines are still competitive, and it runs great hockey promos.
- In the past, these have included an NHL Live Profit Boost (a 20% boost on live NHL bets every Friday night) and an NHL Playoffs Promo ($10 bonus bets to those who bet three NHL same game parlays during each round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs).
- BetRivers Sportsbook is the official sportsbook of the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins. Its sister site, PlaySugarHouse, is the official sportsbook partner of the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers and the Wells Fargo Center where they play. Last year, the sportsbook even opened the new BetRivers Lounge at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh.
What is an NHL moneyline bet vs. a puck line bet?
NHL moneyline bets mean betting on a team to win a game outright. Make the correct pick, and you’ll get paid at the moneyline odds as posted when you place the bet.
Moneyline odds show a negative number on the favorite and a positive number on the underdog. Bet the favorite Dallas Stars at -120, and you’ll get paid $220 for every $120 you bet if they win. (That’s your original bet and $100 in profit.) Bet the Stars as +120 underdogs, and you’ll get paid $220 for every $100 you bet if they win.
The alternative to the moneyline is the NHL puck line. This is a spread bet that inserts a number of goals to the final score before determining the betting winner. You take the puck line goals (typically 1.5) from the favorite or add them to the underdog’s score, and that tells you who wins the bet.
Puck lines serve to even out the odds. They reduce the risk of betting on heavy moneyline favorites and give bets on big moneyline underdogs a realistic chance to win.
Dallas Stars moneyline bets
The Dallas Stars are Texas’ lone NHL team. The franchise was founded as the Minnesota North Stars in the 1967 NHL expansion and relocated to Dallas for the 1993-94 season. The Stars played at Reunion Arena until they moved into the American Airlines Center in 2001.
The Stars won the Stanley Cup in the 1998-99 season and have appeared in the Stanley Cup Finals five times. The last time was just a couple of years ago. In the 2019-20 season, they lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning in six games. The team missed the playoffs the following year but were back as a wild card team in the 2021-22 season. That year, Dallas lost in the first round to the Calgary Flames in overtime of Game 7.
The Stanley Cup Finals and another playoff appearance over the past few seasons have renewed hopes in the Dallas area that the Stars are as competitive as ever.
Check tonight’s Stars odds here.
What is a 3-way moneyline bet in hockey?
Since NHL games can be tied after 60 minutes of regulation time, three-way moneyline bets enter the picture. That means you can bet on three different 60-minute moneyline outcomes for any NHL game, including a home win, an away win, or a tie.
This is often referred to as the “60-minute line,” and bets are settled after regulation time—whether a game continues to overtime or a shootout, or it ends right there with a winner.
Since so many NHL games go to OT, you get slightly better odds picking winners on the 60-minute moneyline.
Who sets NHL moneyline betting odds?
Sportsbooks either copy the moneyline odds from competitors or employ experts and computer algorithms to set them. These experts will use a standard model, current and historical data, recent trends, and analytics to set the moneyline odds for every NHL game.
NHL Playoff moneyline odds
When the Stanley Cup Playoffs begin, NHL moneylines tighten up. Playoff teams are often of comparable quality, and the moneylines for each game reflect that.
They also reflect the obvious home-ice advantage and respect league parity. That means you won’t normally see heavy moneyline favorites or underdogs in the playoffs.