Houston Rockets Odds
Houston Rockets Odds
For the Houston Rockets to return to the heights of the James Harden era, they’ll have to compete with some of the best teams in the NBA’s Western Conference.
Regardless of the product on the floor, Texas online sportsbooks will post dozens of Rockets odds for every game (once sports betting becomes legal in the state). You’ll be able to bet on everything from moneylines to point spreads to futures to player props, night after night.
Tonight’s Rockets odds
Below find tonight’s Houston Rockets game lines. Click any odds to go directly to that sportsbook, claim your welcome bonus and make your bets.
Rockets NBA Finals odds
Check out the odds below on the Rockets to win the Western Conference or odds to make an NBA Finals run. Click on any odds to claim your bonus and get started.
Jalen Green prop odds
Find the latest prop odds for Jalen Green, including odds to win the 2022-23 NBA MVP award, plus up-to-the-minute prop odds on game days.
How to bet on Rockets games in Texas
The beauty of the modern sportsbook is that it is easier than ever to bet on the Houston Rockets—or any NBA team for that matter.
You simply need to find the online sportsbook you want to use, sign up for an account and start betting. Here are the steps to create a new account at an NBA betting site in Texas:
- Pick your sportsbook: There are always plenty of options, and some books are more popular than others. Once you’ve decided which sportsbook best suits your needs, follow our link. You can also select a few; there’s no rule against having multiple accounts.
- Fill in your info: Sportsbooks will require you to provide your name, address, Social Security number, and more to sign up for an account. You do not have to be a resident of Texas to register for an account at a Texas online sportsbook.
- Accept the terms and conditions: You’ll be asked to accept the terms and conditions for the sportsbook, including its rules and regulations for pretty much every potential situation. We urge you to read through them, but you can also peruse the rules at a later date on the sportsbook’s website.
- Make a deposit: You can use a variety of methods to deposit depending on your sportsbook. Some allow you to use your debit and credit cards while others allow third-party funds transfers (from digital wallets like PayPal).
- Download the app: Every online Texas sportsbook will have a downloadable app for your phone or tablet. This allows you to make bets from anywhere within the state of Texas. Keep in mind that you have to be within state borders to bet, and the online sportsbook app will use geolocation technology to verify your location before you’re able to place bets.
- Make your bet: Now that you’ve taken all the necessary steps, you can start betting on the Houston Rockets. Simply click on the bet you want to make, enter how much you want to wager, and then finalize your betting slip.
How to read Houston Rockets betting lines
When betting on NBA games, the listing for the three most popular sports bets, namely moneylines, point spreads, and totals, will look something like this at the sportsbook:
What is the Houston Rockets moneyline?
The moneyline bet is simple: two teams play; you pick which one is going to win. If you’re right, you get paid based on your bet amount and the odds at the time you finalized the bet slip.
You can tell which team is the favorite by which carries negative odds, such as -165. The underdog is the one with positive odds, like +220.
Here’s an example of what a Rockets moneyline bet might look like at Caesars online sportsbook:
- Houston Rockets -140
- Los Angeles Clippers +165
Negative odds show us how much we have to wager in order to get $100 in profit. So for a bet on the Rockets, a $140 wager would pay out $240, which includes your original stake returned to you, plus the $100 in winnings.
Positive odds indicate what you stand to win for every $100 you bet. At $100 for your wager on the Clippers, you would win $265.
You don’t have to bet that much or that little. No matter how much you wager, your potential payout is proportional to the odds.
What is the Rockets point spread?
The moneyline may be the most popular bet type with novice gamblers, but stats show that experienced sports bettors tend to go for the point spread.
While some moneyline odds can be very lopsided, NBA point spreads are designed to “even” the playing field. This bet type assigns a mandatory margin of victory to the favorite in the game. If the favorite fails to win by that much, bets on the underdog will win (even if the underdog loses the game outright).
A standard Rockets point spread bet might look like this on the BetMGM app in Texas (once betting is legalized):
- Houston Rockets -8.5 (-110)
- Sacramento Kings +8.5 (-110)
For bets on the Rockets to pay out, they have to win by nine points or more. The Kings, on the other hand, just need to keep the game within eight points.
The odds work the same for point spreads as they do in our moneyline example above.
What is a Houston Rockets totals bet?
Totals bets are also known as over/unders. The oddsmakers provide a total number of points they believe the two teams will combine to score. Then, you decide if the eventual final score will add up to over or under that set threshold. You might find a game line for the over/under that looks like this on FanDuel Sportsbook Texas:
- Over 206.5 points (-110)
- Under 206.5 points (-110)
If the two teams can combine to score over 207 points (a 115-103 final, for example), then the over would pay out at -110 odds ($100 profit for every $110 wagered). Anything below 206 points would pay out for the under.
What are Houston Rockets futures odds?
NBA futures bets are focused on season-long possibilities, such as the Rockets making a trip to the NBA Finals, winning their division, or the Western Conference.
These futures are usually available once the offseason begins, though the odds are pretty much all over the place at that early stage. The odds then tighten up as the season progresses. By the midway point of the regular season, for example, oddsmakers have a much better idea which teams could make the postseason or contend for a title.
For instance, you might find really favorable odds when the futures lines are first released, such as a +1950 bet for the Rockets to win the Western Conference. But if the Rockets blasted out of the gates in the forthcoming season, those odds would shrink considerably as the conference race became clearer.
The earlier you bet, the bigger your payout. That said, the earlier you bet, the more uncertainty will be involved as well. The sports betting odds are so favorable because there isn’t enough data to make truly informed decisions. Those bettors who like to be more confident in their wagers will find themselves dealing with tighter odds as more data and information becomes available.
Live betting on the Houston Rockets
Once you’ve downloaded a betting app to your phone or tablet, you can bet live on any Rockets game from anywhere within Texas’ borders. Keep in mind that the odds shift quickly for in-game betting, all depending on how the action on the court is unfolding.
If you discover you really enjoy live betting, shop around the various Texas online sportsbooks to find which offers the most live betting markets. Not all in-game betting is created equal, though. Some sportsbooks invest more heavily in live betting than others do.
Where do the Houston Rockets play their home games?
- Home arena: Toyota Center
- Address: 1510 Polk Street, Houston, Texas
- Owner: Harris County Houston Sports Authority
- Operator: Clutch City Sports and Entertainment
- Basketball capacity: 18,104
- Opened: October 6, 2003
- Construction cost: $235 million in 2003 ($346 million adjusted for inflation)
Rockets gambling partners
In 2021, DraftKings became the exclusive betting partner for the Houston Rockets after agreeing to a $1.56 billion deal to buy Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta’s Golden Nugget online gaming business.
According to USA Today, DraftKings is now the exclusive “daily fantasy sports, sports betting and iGaming partner” of the Rockets.
How to watch the Houston Rockets
Houston Rockets games are available on nationally televised broadcasts throughout the season. You can find them and other NBA teams on ABC, ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV.
If you’re someone who would rather stream your games, check out NBA League Pass, where you can get a subscription to watch the games online all year long.
Houston Rockets FAQ
That is a difficult question to answer definitively. There have been amazing players throughout the history of the Rockets. Ralph Sampson, Clyde Drexler, Calvin Murphy, Elvin Hayes, Moses Malone, and James Harden are all in the running for sure.
For most, the answer is Hakeem Olajuwon. “The Dream” spent 17 seasons with the Rockets, led two championship teams, and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2008. He averaged 25.9 points per game, 11.2 rebounds, and 3.3 blocks.
The team has always been the Rockets, though not always in Houston. The organization first came into existence in 1967 as the San Diego Rockets before moving to Houston in 1971.
Tilman Fertitta is the owner of the Houston Rockets. He is the chairman, CEO, and owner of Landry’s Inc. and is also chairman of the University of Houston’s Board of Regents. He bought the Rockets for $2.2 billion in 2017.
According to Statista.com, the Rockets are currently valued at an estimated $2.75 billion.